About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, November 14, 2011

APA Writing Assignment

    This week's assignment involved taking everything we "learned" and results gathered from our hypothesis testing, data preparation, and our knowledge of how to use Microsoft Excel and apply it in a research paper using APA format. This entire unit has been nothing but a challenge for me and this paper fit right into that theme for me. I am overly confident in my abilities to write a research paper I have been doing it since advance placement courses in high school. But when I don't understand the concept of the hypothesis testing, and have zero confidence in my ability to interpret the results its very hard to convey my findings in a successful paper. Therefore, I feel as if I did this assignment in terms of content. I am confident that I have my APA settings and format correct in terms of margins, running heads, and references just lack of content because I did not understand what I was writing about.
   The assignment itself involved us picking two research questions, based on the data results from the online survey, and report their finding in an APA research paper. We had to create an APA document that summarizes our recent activity which were equivalent to the "Methodology", and "Results" section of a research paper based upon data analysis.
   The " methodology" section had to parallel an example provided to us in that we had to describe two research questions. Describe the sample, data collection, and survey. And finally, describe the data analysis.
   The "results" section had to parallel an example given to us in that the answers to our research questions must be answered in text form and with tables to reinforce our findings. We also had to include and list two references correctly sited according to APA formatting.
   So there you have the assignment and how I feel about it. I have uploaded my "completed" document to Google Docs and the link is listed below. Please feel free to take a look at it and judge for yourself my ability to complete this assignment.

Andria Snell APA Writing Assignment

  I feel that a variety of things could have changed my confidence and ability to complete this assignment: a) I had been able to attend the online chat meetings to see what other examples Dr. Pierce had given my peers and what feedback they were giving each other, b) if Dr. Pierce would have scheduled us a physical meeting time for us to be able to ask questions and receive hands on and verbal feedback without having to watch a screen cast or something. The concept of teaching is that every student learns and retains information and knowledge in different styles. For this particular unit of the class I was not mentally capable of learning the information the way that Dr. Pierce chose to portray that. That is not his fault nor is it mine but it something to take into consideration.

Finally we all know that there are standards to fulfill with every assignment and this particular assignment fulfills the following standard:

So there you have it. I am really hoping that this wrapped up this entire data unit of the class and the last four weeks of the course involves my confidence boosting up and that I can salvage my grade after this disaster.
Hope everyone has a great week see ya next assignment!

Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment