About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Data Analysis

Keeping up with the action research project today's assignment involves developing the research questions and hypothesis for my pending research project based again on the data provided by Dr. Pierce. after completing the previous two activities I have become fairly familiar with the data collected (and excel). Based on this you can say that there are several discrete factors, (male/female, teaching/not teaching), and several continuous variables such as browser types, MBTI, and quiz scores which Dr Pierce made up for this data collection.

Based on these variables the assignment tasks is to identify a dependent and a independent variable I wish to examine then develop 2 research questions based on the data. For each research question a hypothesis and a null hypothesis statement must be stated. Let's pause here for a minute, if you aren't sure what a hypothesis is click here for a great link to help you understand what hypothesis is. If you aren't sure what a null hypothesis is click here for a great link to help you with that. Now that you understand what a hypothesis is you may be asking yourself, "how do I write one?" I found this website to be very helpful feel free to check it out! I forgot to add that if you do not know what the difference is between independent and depended variables are check out this link aide it is extremely helpful!

So after reviewing all the tools and aides I looked into here are my two research questions.


1) What is the relationship between females with teaching experience and higher quiz scores? Based on the collected data it can be said that females with teaching experience score higher on quizzes than females who do not currently teach.
Independent variable: female and age
Dependent variable: quiz score
hypothesis: females with teaching experience score higher on quizzes than females who do not currently teach.
null hypothesis: having teaching experience has no effect on quiz scores for female students.


2)  What is the relationship between a females age and their millennial score? Based on collected data it can be proven that females in the 27-29 age range  have higher millennial scores than females older or younger.
Independent variable: female and age
Dependent variable: Millennial score
hypothesis: females in the age range 27-29 have higher pew scores than those younger or older.
null hypothesis: age range does not matter when it comes to a females score on the millennial score.


The standards that this assignment completed was:
I think by having us develop a action research project from scratch shows that as future educators we  are committed  to making the educational system better by continuously trying to improve it.
Now I must provide this disclaimer: I am not 100% confident in my ability to write these questions and hypothesis correctly. But I am going to submit them and see what criticism I receive from Dr. Pierce stay tuned and  I will let you know how it goes!

Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment