About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Research Overview

Happy Sunday everyone!

It appears that the second half of the semester we will be working on a action research project! Dr. Pierce says that as a teacher you need to be doing action research and empirically investigating your performance and that of your students to 1) stay focused 2) use data to improve performance, and 3) raise the standard of professional practice in your setting. He is seeking to disrupt the norms of public education in WV by lighting an intellectual fire in us and assisting our intellectual ability to do some data analysis in our fields.

In order to develop our hypothesis and do our testing we will need access to Microsoft excel. Thus brings us to our assignment install Microsoft Excel data analysis tool pack apparently we will also need this excel "add-in". If you have Excel 2007 edition click on the prior link and you will be directed to directions on how to install it into your excel. If you have Excel 2003 you need to click here for directions.

I would have never figured out how to install the tool pack had it not been for a class mate of mine because the link provided to us from Dr. Pierce was for 2003 and I searched for about an hour on how to "add in" the pack. After looking at our message board I realized that this particular classmate had the same problem as me and provided the current directions for excel 2007. So beware of the difference between the two versions and choose accordingly which set of directions works for your version of excel.



This is what your direction for installment should look like if you are using Excel 2007.















This assignment although not difficult was time consuming because I couldn't figure out how to install on version 2007. Had the directions been more clear and a link provided for both versions this would have been a lot easier.

The standard that this assignment follows is:
I hope that anyone else that may have had difficulty with this assignment found this blog to be helpful and if you are just reading hope you found it to be educational. 

Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment