About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Benderconverter

Happy Monday!
Well after an emotional weekend remembering 9-11-01 I woke up to reality today that life always goes on! Today's assignment involves using the multimedia tool benderconverter. One thing I can say about this class is that with every activity/assignment we do I am learning about something completely new and foreign to me. Not that this is a bad thing it is a very good thing just frightens me every time I go to learn the new tool. However, another growing trait with this class is that every new tool is easy to use if you just give it the time to show itself as being easy. So is the case with benderconverter!

Benderconverter is an easy-to-use online application for converting audio and audio files. Want to know more click here. So it's really cool you can take music you find from youtube and convert it into IPOD or I phone format. Best part about benderconverter is that it's fast, free, and friendly! How does it work? First you must go to the website and download the tool this includes adding real player to your computer. Next you select the format you want to convert your file to. Second step click the browse button and select the file you want to convert. Third click convert and wait for the process to be complete. Finally, you want to download the conversion so that you may transfer or apply it to whatever you are trying to create. For the assignment we were required to download the tool and find a video on youtube that we wanted to share in either a PowerPoint presentation or a google document. For my video I chose a really cool slide show of modern history set to Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire. This was really simply I found the video on youtube using real player clicked the download video then chose the format I wanted to convert it to, mp3, now it is in my library and I can use it whenever I want also using the real player there are option to share it with all your social networks which is an added bonus! (So if you find that really rare Dave Matthews Band song you can share it with the rest of Dave Nation!) Below you can see the MP3 in real player!
Step 2 of the assignment we needed to create that PowerPoint or google document presentation that has the actual video embedded into it. You are going to see this just below.
If you would like to view the entire presentation or watch the video,(which is really cool and creative), you can click We Didn't Start the Fire presentation. Hope you enjoy!

So all this work and what NETS T standards are we achieving let's take a look!
Not going to lie now that I know about Benderconverter I can see myself using it all the time! Not just for classroom activities but also for getting files onto all my tech gadgets! Hope everyone has a productive and happy Monday catch ya on the next assignment!

Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment