About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Jing Screencast

Hello again! Well another assignment going into the blog history, Jing Screen cast. 

Everyone remembers jing right?!? If not click on my archives and read up on the original Jing post that should catch you up to speed. So one of the other great advantages to using Jing is to be able to capture videos,(screen casts),  and utilize the videos to share with your peers, the Internet, or classroom. This assignment required us to create a screen cast, using jing, that display how to do something on your computer. I chose to create my screen cast demonstrating how to create a word cloud using Wordle. If you haven't read my previous blog about Wordle that is great because you will really take advantage of this screen cast. However, if you have then please watch and provide feedback so that I can know where I need to improve my screen casting abilities. Click to view my screen cast.  I created that link by capturing my video through Jing, saving it, then sharing via screen cast which automatically generates the link for you to share with whomever. 

This activity wasn't what I would classify as hard but it wasn't easy either. I found that in order to create my screen cast I needed a touch of patience, an informative tutorial, and a peer example. Note to reader I had to view these items many times in order to fully understand what I was trying to accomplish. I think the important thing to remember is that anything you try that is new is never going to be easy so just sit down breathe and explore you will get it!

As for the NETS-T standards this activity covers:

Again this activity wasn't the easiest one of the semester so far but it did teach me a lot. I am not confident in my abilities to create and capture these screen casts and look forward to using this tool again.

Until the next blog,
Andria


No comments:

Post a Comment