About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jeopardy

Oh rainy day = lazy days! But alas not for the graduate student. Today's assignment is going to be my favorite of the semester just because of my appreciation of Jeopardy. You see it is not abnormal to walk into my parents house around 7:00 p.m. and find at least 5 people gathered around the television attempting to show off their knowledge skills to each other in a very intense battle of the brain. So when I saw we had a Jeopardy assignment my brain was already clicking on what the overall theme of my Jeopardy review would be. Using jeopardylabs I created a Jeopardy review game reviewing an eighth grade Constitution unit.
To review or test your own constitutional knowledge you can click here to play. From that link you can also download, or edit my game to your own specifications. If for some reason you have a problem with that link, as we all sometimes do, you can also gain access to my gain through my jing cast.




Using points ranging from 100-500 and one double jeopardy questions the categories included amendment, legislative, executive, judicial, and ABCD just a hodgepodge of questions. I believe that the hardest part of this assignment is making sure that your questions match up the point value. You want to make sure that your students are successful at this game not only for knowledge retention and future success on assessments. But also that they are having fun so if questions are too light they will get bored. If questions are too hard they will become frustrated finding that balance is absolute key to success in my opinion.
Below you will find what NETS Standards this activity falls into compliance with.





I encourage everyone to use Jeopardy at least once a semester. It is such a fun creative way in engaging your students learning retention.

Til next may the sun come out tomorrow!
Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment