About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Personality Blog 1

This is a cool assignment to learn more about our personalities. I love any sort of personality test that interprets who I am as an individual and majority of the time those tests are spot on which amazes me! We were required to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory. There were four categories: Favorite World, Information, Decisions, and Structure under each category two preferences were listed after you selected you preference in each category you have your own personality type which can be expressed as a code with four letters. You can see this below:

My 4 letter code was INFP which indicates that I am "Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened." Which I completely agree with!

Then you can take your four letter code and go to Keirsey Temperament Website and find your temperament personality. Again my four letter code was INFP according to Keirsey I fall into the healer temperament. Keirsey describes the healer as having a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. Healers live a fantasy -filled childhood- they are the prince or princess of fairy-tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned up, or even punished by parents. With parents who want them to get their heads out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. If you want to read more about healers click here


I definitely agree that I do fall into the healer temperament. Most people say and I agree that I never seem to lose my sense of wonder. A lot of people might say that I see life through rose-colored glasses and to me that is ok. I also agree with this because I am highly intuitive about people. I rely heavily on my intuitions to guide me and use my discoveries to search for value in life. I am always on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. I take everything that I learn and sift it through my value system to see if it can better or alter my path in life. So I think that the MBTI is spot on with me and it describes my personality to a tee. 


The MBTI framework can improve performance in a learning environment by providing insight into a child's learning style which can then help the student, the student's parents, and the teacher increase self-awareness and general awareness to the students strengths and weaknesses as learners.

If you have the time take the MBTI inventory and compare yourself you might just be surprised to how accurate it really is. By performing a MBTI on students a teacher would be satisfying NETS-T standard 1 facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity.

The NETS-T standard this would follow would be:
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. Teachers:
c.
promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’ conceptual understanding and thinking, planning,and creative processes
 
See ya next time!!
Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment