About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Jing Image

Wow! I never knew so many different copy and paste tools existed out there! Today's assingment introdcued me to the copy and paste tool Jing. Once again I had never heard of Jing but now that has been brought into my life I think it will serve me well or vice versa either way I look at I know that I will get a lot of use out of this program. With jing you can take a picture or make a short video of what you see on your computer screen  save it your computer in the folder of your choice and then create a screencast (link) which then you can share it instantly with friends via e-mail, web, or social networking sites, or surprise a blog!Before I let anxiety hit me I watched this video to find out how jing was not going to complicate my browsing experience and work but it would actually make my life easier! Go ahead check it you won't regret it!


The image I created which you can see above is a blank food pyramid template. I  used Jing's image editng tools to create shapes, text boxs, and arrows to fill in the pyramid showing the learner what and how much they need to consume on a weekly and with some daily basis. I could use this in multiple ways whether teaching a introduction to health class or even as an athletic coach you could use this template to teach your students or athletes proper nutrition. I chose to use different colors because some individuals are visual learners and they might associate color with catagory so I wanted to make sure that I was in compliance with helping different learning styles. If you would like to see a larger image you can view my screencast by clicking here. I feel that this activity again helped me use a digital tool to models effective information to my peers and future students (NETS-T 3).

Learning about both the snipping tool and jing this week has not only extended my technology base but also has introduced me to a world of copy and paste that is only going to make working significantly easier and a lot faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment