About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Self Portrait

Our assignment today was an artsy time travel to the world and vision of Pablo Picasso. Dr. Pierce wanted us to create a self portrait using Picasso Head. This website allows the user to create what they feel is a resemblance to themselves using the vision that inspired the legendary Pablo Picasso. I think this web site would be a lot of fun for elementary students to use when learning about art and different eras of art form. I am sure that they would get a kick out of making portraits of themselves, friends, or family while learning how a artist sees their object. You could then use their portraits at parent teacher conferences or the next room party for other people to see. Or you could incorporate technology even more and have the students e-mail their portraits to whomever inspired them that day. I think that an activity like this falls in line with NETS-T Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity.

The site itself is very self explanatory and very fun to use. My biggest challenge was trying to figure out  what I think the shape of my head is or is this the best fit eye lash for the eyes I had picked out. It's cool too because you can add colors to it if you fee like it and you really feel as if you are Picasso or even a pre -Andy Warhol. After you complete your portrait there is an option to save it first you must title it then you e-mail it to friends, or in my case, myself so that you can later find it in Picasso head gallery. Feel free to view my self titled portrait Oh La Andria.

Hope everyone enjoys the "art"!
Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment