About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Andria and I am graduate student at Fairmont State Univeristy working towards my masters in the art of teaching. I am a sparkler and my quirkiness makes me hard to remember but impossible to forget! I believe your character is shaped by the unexpected things that happen in life and how you deal with them.Attitude is everything dont cry because its over, Smile because it happened. I enjoy the simple things in life.To receive much, you must give much.Personality has the power to open many doors, but it is character that keeps them open.Sometimes what you're looking for is right where you left it.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Snipping Tool

The Snipping Tool activity was an activity to teach us how to use windows snipping tool (something  I didn't even know existed! So basically this tool exists in Microsoft Windows 7 and Vista. You You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. You can see for yourself by viewing this short demonstrative video.
As recommended by Dr. Pierce I see how this tool is most useful if you create a shortcut to your desktop so that you have instant access to it when needed. Learning how to use this tool definitely demonstrates that I can faciliatate effective use of digital tools to use information resources to support research and learning (NETS-T 3).

To demonstrate I snipped the course activity list for a couple of reasons. Reason one being that blackboard went down for a little bit today without having that access to the course list I was up the creek without a paddle in successfully completing today's activities. So after some resourceful thinking I obtained the link outside of blackboard and now have it located in my Diigo library, favorite places, and on my blog. I guess its safe to say I will never be in that situation again. Here's the screenshot of it and if any of my peers have any questions they now know where to look. The snip itself is a full screen snip in which I captured the entire screen. Once the snip I has been made you also have the options of highlighting what you want your classroom to pay attention too (you can see I highlighted the current activity we are on). Also you have a pen option in which you can make notes on the screen for demonstrative purposes I drew a star on the activity we are on.
This tool is very useful and practical and have a feeling that it will come in handy more times than once! So once again another day in Ed Tech and I just keep growing from information learned!
Until the next activity!
Andria

No comments:

Post a Comment